Thursday 2 June 2011

Isle of Wight Festival 2011

So, its 7 days until the famous Isle of Wight Festival and its manic in the office - its totally non-stop with sorting out tickets (including my sister ringing me every minute to ensure there are tickets set aside for her) and dealing with artist requests.

I'll be heading down to Newport early next week and I can't wait for this years extravaganza to begin; we have the most amazing line up this year - The Foo Fighters, Pulp, Kings of Leon, Kasabian to name but a few. I assure you I will be documenting all the backstage fashion.... watch this space!! 

Also, I thought I'd share with you pictures of Isle of Wight Festival past. 

Isle of Wight Pop and Rock Festival, 1969
Soap soaked audience Isle of Wight 1969

Jimmy Hendrix at the Isle of Wight 1970
August 1969, the 2nd Annual Isle of Wight festival, which featured The Who’s 2,500-watt WEM PA system. Visible are three Marshall 8x10 PA cabinets per stage side, and WEM columns and cabs set up in the backline as foldback.
August 1969, the 2nd Annual Isle of Wight festival, which featured The Who’s 2,500-watt WEM PA system. WEM speaker columns and cabinets as foldback behind John and Keith.
The Who - August 1969, the 2nd Annual Isle of Wight festival
Marsha Hunt and White Trash, Isle of Wight Festival, 1969
Fans at the 1970 Isle of Wight festival
Isle of Wight Festival, 1970

Source: The Guardian, Google, BBC

Oh, don't forget to check out some of the gorgeous vintage gems we've recently uploaded onto our store on  ASOS Marketplace HERE.
Happy thrifting
Ola xxx

JOIN US:  BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | TWITTER

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Blast from the Past! I went to IOW Fest for the first time last year and it was my fav off all so far! I am going again this weekend and can not wait!! Do you organise it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my sister helps organise the IOW Fest and she's been doing it for years now, although this is her last year.
    I've never been so i'm super excited. Hope you have a great time and maybe i will see you there! xxx

    ReplyDelete